Thursday, February 23, 2012

Until death do us part

It all started at fifteen. I fell absolutely, madly in love. Butterflies keeping me awake at night that daydreaming kind of love. We met and we were inseparable. Together for a while…we were in sync and totally smitten.

After a few years and a few setbacks, things settled down and I got lazy. I stopped caring. Then, you broke my heart. Just like that. I thought I lost my most prime years to you and couldn’t ever feel love again. I tried. I reached out to you, begging for the passion to come back, but the fire was out. You left me and I let you. Eventually, I found myself crying in a supermarket parking lot; it was one of my saddest moments. I was convinced that I had nothing left to give to you and that I would never be with you again. Then a voice said that I could have you back…that I will have you back.

Some years later after hard work, diligence, just a little bit of laziness (old habits die hard) and focus on my heart’s true desire; I found you. You resisted at first but we both knew we were meant to be together. There was this residual, mutual bond between us. We needed each other, thrived off of each other and knew each other.

You have been with me through my proudest and through my darkest moments. I can’t imagine a life without you. Our companionship fills me with an abundance of joy and happiness when I think of our future.

My vow is my heart. And Running, it belongs to you.

I love you.

Always.

-Jennifer Dagan

No comments:

Post a Comment