Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sunday's Saunter

Runners run for what they want. They chase after goals, times and finish lines. There is an intrinsic aspect of running that implies the opposite of moving slowly. Not to be convoluted, runners often run at different intensities and speeds, yes. However, even an easy pace for a runner is still faster than their walking pace.

Today, Sunday the seventh, our landlord did not accept the fact that we are moving out. I am already in Boston and was only back this weekend to pack up some suff. Jen moves out on the eleventh and we are paying for a half month instead of the full month. In our eyes, we figured that they could keep the security deposit, gain possesion of the apartment with five days of rent still paid and still get someone in the place before the first of September.

As my landlord called me "a son of a bitch" I casually turned my back and walked away. Paying for days we are not there, not arguing about a months rent in the form of a security deposit and taking the high road makes me feel better about the man I am continuing to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment