Monday, May 7, 2012

Rain on my parade.

I start out my run in the rain today and these portly droplets are a nuisance to my eyes. My clothes are getting heavier with each step and each step is just whooshing water right back at me. My form is getting sloppy with each grudging swing of my arms and I beg the question; “why?”

Immediately I imagine being on the track, bad weather and all. That’s where my heart is. At once, I am filled with this sense of urgency and importance.

Run tall! My shoulders swing back, my belly bows out, my knees lift higher and I feel lighter. My wrists drop and are like a pendulum swinging by my hips and my elbows are at a perfect ninety degree angle. Each relaxed and effortless movement has its purpose.

The thick rain transforms into an ominous misting in the air. I start to miss the rain.

-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment