Saturday, January 7, 2012

It’s the most wonderful…

12/25/11

As a kid, the Christmas excitement could keep me up so late. Of course I would intend to stay right up to morning time, so anxious to just see what was under the tree. However, as a young child I could not stay awake that long. Then later, after progressing into teenage years where I could actually stay up all night at will, I would fight to sleep in a bit, until I was hurried to get up in the morning by my younger siblings.

It is funny how that was about races, too. So excited to run a race, I had a hard time sleeping the previous night. I know I did that, through High School and even in college a bit but I can’t remember when it stopped. It has been a while that I cared so much about a race, actually a few years. Even though I highly doubt Christmas will be exactly like that again I feel fairly good about a racing return.

No comments:

Post a Comment