Monday, January 23, 2012

Thumbs up

For over a year I hitchhiked to work. Out my door I’d go, down the rural Maine roads trailing the 20 some miles to where I waited tables. Sometimes during the winter my hair would freeze to my head after leaving my house still wet from a shower. I would walk down roads, I-pod held in hand leaving music to displace any uncertainty, and head to the restaurant. I have run so many runs, where getting out the door was 90% of the run and I remember becoming tempered to that feeling so well during my thumbing days. It wasn’t that the act of hitchhiking was so hard, nor are most runs / workouts, but rather it is gathering the gumption to go through the motions. Sometimes, even though life is being so hard, you just have to suck it up and go after what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment