Tuesday, August 9, 2011

driving me crazy

Against the grain of traffic, a sharp bend reaches out on the road leading to busy route one. Only a few hundred meters from the bustle of that busy street, this quite road receives the offshoots of a more aggressive artery bleeding itself from Foxboro into Boston.

At 9pm, running through a gentle drizzle that is greeting this lone athlete as a faint caress of the cities night a sense of peace is settling. Heading back to the ware house I take this sharp bend a few hundred meters before route one. Coming around the bend is a pair of headlights that are unaware of the man working towards their origin of only scant minutes past. With a practiced side hop, I land deep in the grass growing from the shoulder and the car whips by laying on the horn. Glancing at the license plate I yell back at the screaming car, "I have the right of way license plate ########" and continue on. Returning to the shop a few minutes later I am tempted to call the police to file a report against this self entitled moron of the roads, but have a change of mind. Hopefully, this driver has one too and understands their role in respect to the non automobile driving person.

1 comment:

  1. I would def file something. I just had one friend get killed while biking and another got seriously injured and was in critical condition for 4 months. it's really scary and quite saddening to see how inconsiderate or oblivious people are while driving. I am glad you're safe and hope you are enjoying Boston!

    ReplyDelete