Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ready, set, REST!

12/5/11

It is so clear, and yet so unthinkable… at first. Then comes the moment when you know it all makes sense, it just clicks. Time off, really? As I face that running through this setback has shown no real improvements over the last few weeks the time off becomes easier to swallow. Nonetheless, there is a palpable feeling pulling me the other way. A true yearning to keep going, to try again another few days and maybe the strain in my left upper hamstring will get better. We runners hate to not work. This brings to mind how difficult the time off will be; a grueling marathon of non-specific exercises. I catch myself grinning and an epiphany is had; I enjoy the idea of this time off only when I look at it as a sort of test or workout. Yes a workout of rest; and I for one plan on kicking ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment