Thursday, April 26, 2012

And so, my routes will grow

Feeling light footed I head out my door heavily committed to finding a new loop. I’ve been running the same twenty minute jaunt for a few weeks now and I’m growing tired of it. The exciting thing about a run like this is the exploration of a new town. I head northeast of our apartment and zigzag through some residential roads. About seven minutes deep, I realize I wasn’t sure of what turns I’ve already made. Approaching a main road I suddenly realize where I am and this offers a sigh of relief. My trail-blazing adventure of concrete paths continues. As I head down this sunny and fauna filled road I feel somewhat at home. I’ve never ran this part of town before, I’ve only driven it once or twice. Then it hits me; this part of Quincy is very reminiscent of Bangor, the last town I hoofed around in.
Home is where the heart is, yes, but it’s also a stomping ground for my running. It’s where I am accustomed to certain routes. And I think I’m starting to feel at home.

~Jen Dagan

No comments:

Post a Comment