Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Don’t make a mountain out of a mole hill

When someone laments about the toughness of a hill it reminds me of how much I take for granted growing up where I did. The Mount Washington Valley is home to streams and hills that crisscross the beautiful rural landscape. Never did we go out and run a "hill run", as my college teammates would talk about later as we attended Hofstra University on Long Island. No, as a youth and during my summers in post-secondary school running, hills were part of every run, every outing and as much an aspect of the activity as a breathing pattern. Not to say hills can't be hard, but so can any aspect of the run. I guess inundating yourself in them allows you to gain an insight otherwise not there. The key is just to run the hill, don’t put it on a pedestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment