Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back to Back Workouts & Weather

The sense of invincibility, that always accompanies adrenaline, slips in. Months of hard work are self actualizing through the ease of running the last 200 meters; twenty-eight point something. I keep the clock running so I don’t know and don’t really care. A lingering misty rain and 50 something degree air prods me to start running again. The water in the air almost has the effect of coming from the ground and feels more like light spray off a boat than something falling from the sky. While the precipitation is more pervasive, overall the weather is less intrusive than yesterday. Today, just 200’s, is maybe a dozen degrees warmer with no real wind to speak of, whereas yesterday’s workout, with several hard reps, was a struggle full of bad weather mingled with internal anxiety over the psychologically and physiologically demanding running to be undertaken. Today, the run is almost a track athlete’s dream. As I said earlier, it was misting and my bout was six by 200. After an easy warm up, I had the pleasure of having this piece of cake walk. The times read 30,29,28,28,28,28 and I took two to three minutes rest in between. It wasn’t a hard workout but even better, it felt that way. The times felt good, I feel good and I feel strong. Today was about working smarter not harder and I’m left with something in the tank. This knowledge and feeling has me dwelling on possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment