Thursday, May 26, 2011

Howdy Partnah

The awareness of an acute sting in my calf brings me around somewhat tentatively in a 29.3 200meter. The last two 200’s were 28’s and this one felt fine except for my calf. Saying to Jen that my calf is bothering me, but recognizing I still have two more 200’s, we hash out my desire to get today’s scheduled work done and the prudence of quitting while ahead. She doesn’t have a track workout today so she came to time me. As with a lot of things in life, compromise is the best call and as with a lot of things in life I don’t see that option right away. Jen points out “hidden option c” and once again affirms how invaluable an objective and knowledgeable training partner can be. Finishing the next and last 200 in 28.1 I realize not only is this the best call but that I am doubly lucky because my training partner is also a loving life partner. Doesn't hurt that she is easy on the eyes either.

No comments:

Post a Comment