Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Heated debate

Water lightly tossed from cupped hands drips rolling over bent head and onto porcelain only inches away from my face. The sink in the locker room at the Bangor Track’s stadium collects the water that is repeatedly brought to bear over brow. Hottest workout of the year so far and no real acclimation to this weather has occurred. I am debating whether to quit while ahead and do the rest of the work tomorrow. I am already coming here to do 6 x 200 tomorrow afternoon, however, I am also swinging by with Jen in the morning to time her through a workout before she has to go to work. Knowing I can sneak in a hard 600 tomorrow morning I walk out on the track to think a bit.

The sun goes to work on the water that has draped itself from head down neck, chest and abdomen then to make water marks slipping like upside down shadows of mountains on my shorts. At this point of the season, favoring my psychology and doing what comes easiest while still getting the work done is the right call. Heading home happy I will return 18hours from now to finish what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment