Saturday, May 28, 2011

thoughts of a d1 runner...

sometimes i find myself running, maybe for all the wrong reasons. perhaps to prove i can do something grand, perhaps away from something, or because i'm being told to.

so i miss another kind of running. let me expound;

i miss those feverish days when i ran to feel better, albeit to return to that fever. i miss quiet snowy days and nights, slippery roads blackened with ice, cars personified; get off the road! i miss succumbing to that pungent spring weather with fat droplets of rain. i miss getting lost in the woods alone. those scraggly trees whooshing by so quick, whispering to me; better get home before it gets dark little girl…my shins, engraved by those sticky thorns. i miss those running days just to run my kind of run…

maybe it's the freedom that i miss.

(posted by jennifer dagan)

No comments:

Post a Comment