Sunday, May 15, 2011

A running dream

Clock’s light golden yellow digits read an unblinking 5:12am. Relaxing eye lids rather than a forceful closing, and loosening conscious thought, sleep settles in again. The track’s grainy but sure footing is holding me up and an unusual calm brightness is everywhere. I am sore, I am not ready for a work out, I am nervous and I am dreaming. The clock stares at me 6:11am but it only seemed like a moment. The stiffness from yesterday’s workout resonates through me, even lying in bed. Today is my day off; I don’t have a workout, an easy run or even some core exercises. Once more relaxing eyes and loosening consciousness’ grip, the uncanny feeling settles in that today’s dream makes it seem like it’s not quite a day off at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment