Friday, May 6, 2011

Taking the Time

Zigzagging then straight. Bee line to the rock, ninety degree turn, kind of hop momentum falls around properly. Quick step quick step. Maybe to the people watching me cut my imaginary obstacle course through the creamy green lawn, that flows velvety in between the trees, I look funny. This park some half a dozen blocks from our apartment, a long rectangle with tall trees playing at connect the dots on the perimeter, and a light heart affords me this spontaneity. I don’t run for spectators, I would be doing this at midnight on a Tuesday with no one around. So I will be damned if I don’t exude my spirit just because they are there. Don’t forget the pleasure of taking the time on an easy run to have fun and run with sheer joy. Just run, where the heart wants to and where the voices in the head say too.

No comments:

Post a Comment