Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dagan’s double back

Meeting Jen just over halfway, we return the way I came to go home. Spotting her on the opposite side of the road, a few hundred meters ahead, is the best part of my evening so far. Phone rings, it’s 9:08pm and Jen is starting her run home. It is 8pm and I am sitting here writing this to kill time before my second run to meet Jen on her way home from work. The hard boiled egg I am finishing on my walk home is washed down by strongly mixed and so extra sweet Gatorade. The last two hundred smoothly slipped by and Jen and I are starting to walk our dogs home. “I am going to relax on this final bout” I say to Jen, “that last one was too fast, a 27 mid.” My fourth rep is a regular start instead of on the fly (running start) and I run a 28low. I adjust from warming up and nail a 28 mid for my third round. “The first two were 30’s,” I tell her before starting bout number trois. My second 200 feels better then the first but the time is the same. The body warming up, but not in full sync, I take the first 200 as a long stride. Jen met me at the track with our pups while I finished my warm up. “Im thinking of doing a double today, six by 200 at around 800meter pace in the morning and still meeting you for a run tonight on the way home from work.” I know that getting Jen to walk the dogs and hang out at the track might shake her justifiable grouchiness. Jen gets home from a bs hour staff meeting at 9am and is grumpy because she has to go back to work from 1-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment