Saturday, June 25, 2011

b & b & e

So bored with waiting. The workout earlier was similar to ones I have been doing, not in the type but in the relative amount of running. Another 2/3rds workout. And I still cant run 800meter intensity for any real duration. Three weeks from tomorrow and I take a break no matter what. Whether or not I race, whether or not I get up to gear, the 17th of July marks the last day I am going to try and put together a race effort. Then I start next years plan, which always starts with a break from running. If my calf is up to it I will probably start sprinting right away , and def start with core exercises but no real runs for a week, two, or even three if my calf or psyche wants it. But if my calf needs it still, running can altogether stop after the 800 on the 17th of July. I just want so badly to run that day well. I would settle for anything in the 1:59 range but I am hoping to better my time trial 1:58.4 with an actual race time. The 800 the other day in 2:08 felt like butter, but there is a whole different gear and intensity to 800 meter pace vs. goal mile pace. Realistically, 2:08 is just goal mile pace and that just wont cut itt come the 17th. But still three weeks away, injury getting better each day, just nagging around, leaves Brendan & boredom & excitement to mingle.

No comments:

Post a Comment