Friday, June 3, 2011

A running excuse

In a mirror fashion “how you doin” is exchanged. The guy, toting a six pack in each hand and somewhere around a third inside, was slightly red in the face. “Lookin good!” is shouted as I move a few strides past, some for my benefit some for the benefit of his two friends also holding six packs and some for the benefit of the beers the men had already drunk today. Not letting the moment shake me I pipe back, “Not as good as you guys holding beers on a day like this!” In that moment, winning the trio of men over, they hastily try to take out a beer calling for me to have it with them. “No,”I laugh as I continue to run away, “I have to meet my wife.” And off I go, words only half true. The whole truth is I just want to run, meeting my wife just happens to be where I am running to. Funny, not too long ago I would tell guys trying to convince me to stay for a drink that I had to go run when really it was my better half who I was attending to.

No comments:

Post a Comment