Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bright light

Hunkering down a sinking feeling, I continue running past the rendezvous spot. I quickly holler “jen” but silence sounds back. Quickening the pace, and then reminding myself to relax. I tell myself she will be right ahead. Moving over a small hill I see an LED bright light in the distance, sparkling white crisper tonight. I have never run this far, so I move quickly again, not sure if this is a mirage from some funky house’s light fixture. No, it is moving! I relax again. Jen is with me moments later, smile and explanation. Her LED needed a new battery and she hadn’t checked before she called to say to meet. The changing of the battery threw her almost four minutes back. A small amount of time, but not to us two who’s running is symbiotic and connected to the same spot each run. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to be uncomfortable for four minutes rather than she be uncomfortable for the 14min until we met. In fact of all the things I did today it was in a way the bright spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment