Wednesday, June 15, 2011

... over spilled milk

Better then the last few days, way better. Even better then how it felt before I foolishly attempted the Mile this past Saturday. However, I didn’t try and run fast for more then a handful of brief strides. But it felt ok, my calf twinged a couple times but even those have changed. Not such rugged sharp pounding more gentle electric shocks like the tingly feeling when a limb starts to “wake up”. However, I am not going to do the Maine State games on the 25th. I am bummed, but if I am smart and patient I can better my 1:58.4 time-trial with an actual race time at one of the USATF meets in July and my last chance in Maine this season is the 17th.
It means this is week one of five, and in some ways, glass half full silver lining ways, I am kind of excited about this opportunity. My careless mistake has rekindled a slightly dwindled motivation and I am crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s with passion. This is a pretty unusual injury for me at this time of the season, so I get to catalog how well I come back and for me that is kind of cool. It will give me a better understanding on how to rebound from injuries, train through them and when an athlete I know gets injured this will add to my well of empathy. Ok, maybe I am just trying to be positive because I miss running fast so much I want to break down the walls of my house with my bare hands. Not that mindless physical indulgence isn’t good for venting, but I doubt it would make me healthy any quicker and would be foolishly immature. The injury is here but what caused it is gone, no reason getting upset.

1 comment:

  1. i hate that you have an injury. i hope for quick recovery. i've had a fair share of injuries already in my collegiate career and know they are not fun. GET BETTER and BE SMART :)

    ReplyDelete