Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Keeping track of what to wear

When we run past Paddy Murphy’s a man standing 30meters ahead is staring at me. Jen focuses on the concrete sidewalk but I meet the man’s gaze. He kind of stops walking, nothing hostile or anything like that, three steps more and finally I know who it is so I quip, “Hey Matt” and then we are gone. The whole exchange lasted seconds, from pre-recognition to now. Jen inquires to whom I said hi to. When I say, “Matt the hurdler” we go into the ease to which Matt must of recognized us, in the same gear as every other time he has seen us. The three of us ran into each other at UMO’s indoor track. My lack of immediate recognition was due to the anomaly, Matt was in street clothing. I have only seen him in running gear before. Somehow he looked smaller, almost out of his element.

No comments:

Post a Comment