Monday, June 13, 2011

Work to be done

Twenty minute run, so little running work to be done but then stretch, massage, heat, massage, stretch, walk and then ice to make an evening devoted to recovery tactics. Forty days to the USATF Maine state meet in Augusta and I am resolved to be there running. In some ways, the anger and disappointment dissipating since the initial injury, I am just curious. I am pretty sure I will be able to rebound and put out a race effort by July 17th and it leaves me scratching my head to what that time will be. As of right now, one half ass workout this past Saturday behind me, I have no clue. So I will remain hopeful and positive and will attempt some faster paced running on Wednesday but tomorrow is just another easy twenty minutes. Of course, following that run there will be so much recovery work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment