Thursday, July 7, 2011

11,10,9,8....

Eleven days to go. Maine’s USATF meet at Cony HS will probably not field any competition for me, but who knows. I am going to bring it. My goal is to run a 1:57.9 or better. I will be reasonably pleased with breaking 1:58.8, the beginning of this season’s goal and something only done in a running start time trial. I am capable of much faster, but that point is kind of bitter sweet. It carries with it all the mistakes that have led to an injury at the one point in the season when you really don’t want one. But I am prepared for the race, and I will do a 98% time trial 800 on Tuesday just to make sure. Today's workout went alright, but my calf hurt pretty bad a couple of times and was kind of lame the whole time. With three days of easy running and one day completely off and then a time trial, I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment